South Gulf County Volunteer Fire Department

Blog

Decks and Grills Don't Mix

One of our recent call-outs was for a deck fire at 1 am.  Evidence suggests a charcoal grill was used the previous evening.  Hot coals fell through the rusted grill onto the deck, causing the deck to catch on fire.  Luckily for the inhabitants, the smoke detector alarmed and they were able to evacuate the residence.

Posted by Vince Bishop - Sunday, 06/14/15, 03:40 PM - Comments - Category: Health and Safety

There are no comments for this article at this time.

Post your comment

*required field






NOTE: Do Not Alter These Fields: